First Half Observations
A beautiful day in South Bend with the sun shining on the Golden Dome did not necessarily transfer to the field for the Fighting Irish.
• Marshall won the coin toss and deferred to the 2nd half
• ND produced a couple 1st downs with the help of catches by Lorenzo Styles
• Irish turned the ball over on downs
• Marshall had a huge sack on Tyler Buchner which seemed to give them some momentum
• Marshall scored a TD at the beginning of the 2nd quarter even after a huge stop by Justin Ademilola bur missed the PAT.
• ND’s offense picked up some steam in the 2nd quarter, also, with decent gains by Chris Tyree and Lorenzo Styles
• Buchner was intercepted by the Herd’s Abraham Beauplan.
• Jack Kiser had a huge sack on Marshall’s QB, Colombi, followed by another big stop on defense by Ta’Riq Bracy
• The Irish finally put together their best drive of the game with impressive play by Buchner and Michael Mayer
• Buchner finally runs the ball into the end zone for the Irish TD and the score is now 7-6, Irish.
• Marshal takes the ball down the field but is forced to kick a field goal after a strong stand on defense by the Irish.
• The Irish had a chance for a huge touchdown play with only seconds to go in the half, but Buchner’s pass was just beyond the reach of Braden Lenzy and the half ends with The Herd up 9-7 over the Irish.